Safer Communities Fund now open for Wentworth applications

October 4, 2017
Wentworth

Minister for Justice Michael Keenan and Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, Federal Member for Wentworth, have announced that grant applications for round two of the Coalition Government’s Safer Communities Fund programme have now opened.

The Safer Communities Fund delivers on the Coalition’s ongoing commitment to keep Australians safe and secure.

Woollahra Council received $14,100 under the first round of funding earlier this year, used to install CCTV equipment as part of their Gap Park Local Priority Project to help those in the community suffering.

Local councils and community organisations are invited to apply through the second round of funding for security enhancement projects, such as CCTV, bollards and lighting.

The Safer Communities Fund provides grants of up to $1 million for security infrastructure initiatives that address crime and anti-social behaviour, help reduce the fear of crime, increase feelings of safety, and contribute to the safety of communities that may be at risk of racial and/or religious intolerance.

 “I encourage potential applicants to contact my office to discuss their projects’ eligibility, and to receive all submission details.” Mr Turnbull said.

Minister Keenan said local Members play a key role in working with their community to boost community safety and identifying where there is a need for increased security infrastructure.

“Our Government firmly believes that all Australians have the right to feel safe and secure, and the Safer Communities Fund is one way we can reduce anti-social behaviour,” Mr Keenan said.

Further information on the Safer Communities Fund is available on the Australian Government’s Safer Communities Fund website at www.business.gov.au/safer-communities-fund, or by calling the Wentworth electorate office on (02) 9327 3988. Applications close on 14 November 2017.

Recommended Posts